Patient Portal Enrollment
In order to enroll in Patient Portal, you must receive an enrollment token from the office. You must complete the online enrollment process within 30 days or your enrollment token will expire.
Once you have an enrollment token, complete your enrollment by following these steps:
1. Follow this link to Patient Portal: https://www,nextmd.com/Enroll.
2. Accept the "Terms & Conditions"
3. Select the option "I have an enrollment token"
4. Enter your enrollment token, date of birth, last name, and your email address. Verify that your email address is correct, the office must have the same email address on file or you will not be able to enroll.
5. Choose a user name and password. Your user name and password are case sensitive. Your username must be at least 6 characters long and cannot be more than 20 characters long. Your password must be at least 6 characters long, cannot be more than 20 characters long, and must contain at least one number.
6. Choose a Login Security Question from the list and provide your answer for this question. Since your account contains confidential medical information that must be protected, you will have to provide the answer to the Login Security Question whenever you log into Patient Portal.
7. Set up account's secure password reset feature. Patient Portal will ask you to select a question and provide an answer to it. If you forget your password, you will have to answer this question again to reset it.
If you already have a NextGen Patient Portal through the NextMD Portal, you can enroll in multiple practices by following these steps:
1. Follow the link to Patient Portal "https://www.nextmd.com"
2. Login to the Patient Portal website using your original user name and password. Your user name and password are case sensitive.
3. From the Menu along the top, click "Settings" on the right and select the "Manage Practices" link to go to the multiple practice enrollment page.
4. Enter your newly assigned enrollment token, your date of birth, and your email address. Verify that your email address is correct; otherwise you will not be able to enroll in Patient Portal.